The May long weekend is just around the corner, and with it the unofficial launch of the summer camping season. With so many stunning places to camp near Vancouver it’s hard to come up with a short list, but here are a few of the more well-known spots.
- Golden Ears Provincial Park
- Manning Park (Lightening Lake)
- Alice Lake
- Cultus Lake (although can be busy/noisy on weekends)
- Porpoise Bay
- Lakelse Lake Provincial Park
- Sasquatch Provincial Park
These are all provincial park campgrounds, so pretty obvious choices. There are hundreds of less-known spots, many only accessible by logging roads or even by boat.
Post your suggestions for additional places to camp in the comments and help us build a top ten list.