St. Patrick’s Day is this Thursday, March 17, and along with the Vancouver St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Vancouver Celticfest 2011 you can celebrate by dancing, drinking and partying the night away at Vancouver’s best Irish Pubs and Pub Crawls.
Vancouver’s Top 5 St. Patrick’s Day Parties & Events 2011
1. The Blarney Stone - Voted the best Irish Pub in Vancouver, Gastown’s Blarney Stone is ground zero for one of the biggest St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in town. One of the few spots to take kids, the Blarney Stone’s March 17 St. Patrick’s Day party opens at 9am with a family-friendly brunch and all-day events, followed by a 19+ party that starts at 6pm and includes green beer, Irish Dancers, full Irish menu, and live music from The Legendary Killarney band.
2. Doolin’s Irish Pub – Located in the heart of the Granville Street entertainment district, Doolin’s doesn’t just celebrate on March 17—it has its own Celticfest from March 16 – 20, with live music and the 5th annual Scotch Tasting on March 16. For St. Paddy’s day itself, Doolin’s serves up live music, dancers, Irish food, Irish drink, and more!
3. Ceilis Irish Pub & Restaurant – If you want to party with a big crowd this St. Patrick’s Day, head to Vancouver’s largest Irish pub, where the March 17 festivities include live music, dancers, bag pipers, and what’s sure to be packed house.
4. The Irish Heather – Looking for an authentic Irish bar without the green beer and leprechauns? Head to this Gastown neighbourhood favourite and enjoy the largest selection of whiskey in Vancouver (in Shebeen Whiskey House room).
5. St. Patrick’s Pub Crawl on The Drive - Get head-of-the-line entrance to nine venues on Commercial Drive, including BierCraft, Avanti’s, and the Libra Room, plus complimentary tastings, a costume contest, prizes and more at this ticketed pub crawl, where the proceeds benefit the 2011 Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer (so you can drink for a good cause!).
Have more ideas for the perfect place to party on St. Patrick’s Day 2011 in Vancouver? Please leave your picks in the comments!