One of the most popular fundraisers for Vancouver’s famous Arts Club Theatre Company is its annual series of Celebrity Chef Cooking Classes: evening soirées that combine cooking demonstrations by Vancouver celebrity chefs with fine wine, a four-course meal, and an invitation to dine in a beautiful, private home somewhere in Vancouver.
So far, there are six scheduled Celebrity Chef Cooking Classes taking place in Spring 2011, between March 30 – May 25. Each three-hour class opens with a bottle of bubbly, proceeds to the cooking demonstration—where the chefs dish on everything from expert techniques to what fuel’s their own passion for cooking—and finishes with the guests enjoying the four-course meal that’s been prepared before their very eyes.
So who are the Vancouver Celebrity Chefs teaching these classes?
Spring 2011 Schedule of Celebrity Chef Cooking Classes
- Wednesday, March 30: Chef Todd Bright of Wild Rice
- Tuesday, April 5: Chef Quang Dang of Diva at the Met
- Monday, April 11: Chef Dino Renaerts of Fraiche and Beachside Forno
- Wednesday, May 11: Chef Curtis Webb of Goldfish
- Wednesday, May 25: Chef Tina Fineza (formerly of Flying Tiger), co-owner of Service Excellence restaurant consultants
- Date TBA: Chef Jeremie Bastien of Boneta
Tickets to the Arts Club Theatre Company’s Spring 2011 Celebrity Chef Cooking Classes are $125 per person / per class and include the class, the four-course dinner, and a $50 tax receipt. (Because you’re doing this for a good cause, right?)
For more information on the classes—including info on where the private homes are (i.e., Vancouver westside or West Vancouver), call Arts Club Theatre’s Special Events at 604.687.5315 x 450, or email email@example.com .
And if you’ve ever been to an Arts Club Theatre Company Celebrity Chef Cooking Class, please share your experiences in the comments!