Victoria Day is May 23, making the upcoming weekend a long one. While there are loads of things to do in the city—just check out this list compiled by our readers of 125 Things to Do in Vancouver—the long weekend is the perfect chance to explore outside the city limits with one of these great day trips!
15 Day Trips & Great Escapes for the Victoria Day Weekend
1. Relax in the warm mineral waters at the Harrison Hot Springs.
3. Explore the artists’ colonies, beaches, and coves of the famous Sunshine Coast.
4. Ride the historic Rocky Mountaineer train to Whistler along the Sea-to-Sky Highway.
5. Traverse wind-swept coastal dunes at the Boundary Bay Regional Park in Tsawwassen.
6. Smell the flowers at the gorgeous Minter Gardens, one of B.C.’s most elaborate show gardens.
7. Soar over Fraser Canyon in the Hell’s Gate Airtram.
8. Pan for gold (and keep what you find) at the Britannia Mine Museum.
9. Cross the Capilano Suspension Bridge and explore the park’s Treetops Adventure.
10. Do some indoor skydiving at the Fly Zone in Delta (no experience needed).
11. Kayak or canoe Indian Arm from North Vancouver’s Deep Cove, and see breathtaking scenery and abundant wildlife.
12. Feel the adrenaline rush bungee jumping in Whistler.
13. Experience jaw-dropping views of Vancouver from the Eye of the Wind atop Grouse Mountain.
14. Watch bareback riding and barrel racing at the annual Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair.
15. Go Camping: Pitching a Tent Near Vancouver.
Have more ideas for great day trips from Vancouver for the long May weekend? Please share in the comments!