Summer in Vancouver is almost here, which means the free things to do in the city multiple exponentially. Not only does summer sunshine make our beautiful parks, gardens and beaches even better go-to destinations, summer is packed with fun, free festivals, markets, and family activities, too.
June 2011 kicks off the ‘free’ summer season with the opening of several free attractions, multiple free festivals, Vancouver’s farmers’ markets, and much, much more!
Top 10 Free Things to Do in June in Vancouver
2. Get on your bike for June’s Bike Month / Velopalooza and do a community ride, share in a bike-month BBQ, see bike demos and more at this multi-event bike fest.
3. Let the kids run wild—and get wet—at a free water park: Granville Island Water Park & Variety Kids Water Park at Lumberman’s Arch in Stanley Park.
4. Watch the Dragon Boat races at the annual Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat Festival on June 11 – 12, 2011.
5. See the rhododendrons in bloom at Stanley Park’s Ted & Mary Greig Rhododendron Garden.
6. Celebrate a car-free future at a Vancouver Car-free Community Festival on June 19, 2011.
7. Smell the fresh, local produce at a one of Vancouver’s Best Farmers’ Markets.
10. Dance in the street at Greek Day on Broadway on June 26, 2011.
Have more ideas for free fun in Vancouver this June? Please share in the comments!