Labour Day (September 5) is the traditional end-of-summer, which means the long Labour Day Weekend is the perfect opportunity—and, in some cases, last chance—to do those quintessential Vancouver summer activities we all love—and might not get a chance to do again until next year.
10 “Must-Do” Vancouver Summer Activities for Labour Day Weekend 2011
- The Fair at the PNE – If you haven’t been to this Vancouver summer favourite, Labour Day weekend is your last chance: September 5 is the Fair’s last day. The Fair can be expensive, so use Remy’s Guide to PNE Discounts & Freebies to get ideas for saving money. Remember: Ride passes are discounted after 5pm and admission after 9pm is just $5 (and will still let you enjoy the free nightly concerts).
- Let the kids run wild at the free Granville Island Water Park; it closes September 5, 2011.
- Head to an Asian-style night market: the enormous Summer Night Market in Richmond or the vibrant Vancouver Chinatown Night Market.
- Friday, September 2, is the last night of the summer outdoor concert series Enchanted Evenings at the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden.
- Head to the beach! (Surely this one goes without saying!)
- Try the wasabi gelato—or any of the wacky 200+ flavours—at Vancouver’s most-unique gelateria, La Casa Gelato.
- Kayak Deep Cove.
- Swim in fabulous Kits Pool– Canada’s longest salt-water pool.
- Dine outdoors: Patio Dining in Vancouver.
- Go Camping: Pitching a Tent Near Vancouver.
Have more “must-do” Vancouver summer activities that shouldn’t be missed before the season ends? Please add to the list in the comments!