The long weekend is here—the question is: How are you going to spend it? We’ve already posted on Top 5 Victoria Day Long Weekend Day Trips from Vancouver, things to do in Victoria over the long weekend, and the Best May Long Weekend Ferry Trips from Vancouver, but what if you just want to stay in town?
If you’re in Vancouver this holiday weekend, check out these Top 10 Things to Do in Vancouver for the Victoria Day Long Weekend:
1. Compare all three Asian-style night markets! You can visit a different night market Friday, Saturday and Sunday (and holiday Monday, too), since all of them are open this weekend: the Richmond Night Market, the Summer Night Market, and the Vancouver Chinatown Night Market.
2. Ride the Wooden Roller Coaster and the AtmosFEAR at Playland Amusement Park, currently open from 10am – 6pm on weekends and holidays.
4. Put on your cowboy boots and mosey down to the 66th annual Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair, May 18 – 21.
6. Drink as much beer as you can (responsibly, of course) at Vancouver Craft Beer Week, May 18 – 26. This weekend’s events include the VCBW Opening Night “Overture” on May 18 and the Biercraft Belgian Showcase, at Biercraft Cambie and Biercraft Commercial Drive, on May 21.
7. Check out the New Westminster Multicultural Festival and the Vancouver Multicultural Film Festival, both on May 19 and both part of explorASIAN’s Asian Heritage Month festivities.
9. Go old school at the 90th Annual May Day Parade & Celebrations at historic Fort Langley.
10. Run naked on Wreck Beach, just ’cause you can.
Have more ideas for things to do in Vancouver for the Victoria Day Long Weekend? Please share in the comments!