In Vancouver, it’s easy to find a beach to fit your personality. Quiet and sandy? Dog-friendly with a great view? Crowded and flashy? Popular with the locals? Take your pick. There’s something here for everyone.
The good news is that all of the city’s major beaches are open to the public and easy to reach from the downtown core.
We designed this video feature on Vancouver’s beaches to make it feel like you’ve just woke up in Vancouver and are just about to head out to find the perfect, sandy spot to spend your day. You can navigate between beaches at the end of each video segment.
For mobile-phone viewers, here’s a list of the six featured beaches along with links to navigate between each beach:
1) Kitsilano Beach http://youtu.be/34lC1mBlzzk
2) Ambleside Park http://youtu.be/-SpKScqHrBQ
3) Third Beach http://youtu.be/SRgnnpFyiWE
4) English Bay http://youtu.be/iYc6_5rSejY
5) Spanish Banks http://youtu.be/uc0KbLssrho
6) Wreck Beach http://youtu.be/Y9Waj-ITdw0
7) No thanks. I’m ready to head to the beach. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFCFHSNMFck
Remember: the best way to figure out which beach is the best fit for you is to visit them all. It’s the only way to make an educated decision, right?
For more on Vancouver’s beaches, as well as information on two more very popular Vancouver beaches (Jericho Beach and Second Beach), please visit: http://www.tourismvancouver.com/do/explore/vancouver-beaches/