The looks – slippers, platform runners, brights, print remix, monochromatic black and white, kitten heels – are fun and relatively wearable. Add that to the growing influence of street fashion on high end fashion and spring 2013 is a great time to be a style-conscious woman.
Tant, who joined Holt Renfrew in fall 2012, started out as a fashion columnist for the Vancouver Sun. She went on to become the publisher of Hello! and the editor-in-chief of FLARE. This fashion editor is no Anna Wintour-style meanie. Tant is witty and warm. She didn’t hesitate to entertain with anecdotes from her interviews with designers.
Roberto Cavalli, for example, answered every interview question she asked with “I love women.” She suggests following him on Twitter because he’s known to go rogue. Victoria Beckham, when asked why she went from singer to designer, said something to the effect of “Have you heard me sing? I’m no Madonna.”
Find the Lisa Tant Holt Renfrew Spring Trend round up after the jump. Expect tons of glamour shots.
Key Fashion Trends for Spring 2013
- Modern Geometry: Stripes every which way.
- Print Remix: Layer them. Floral with geometric with leopard etc. The wilder, the better.
- Cut Outs: Creative exposure of new skin, highlighting women’s shoulders and waists.
- Sheers: Not as clear as you might think, there are a few ways to do sheer. FOr example: a sheer overlay on a normal dress, a clear purse, or a risque sheer cutouts in dresses (J. Lo style), trousers etc. As Tant pointed out, sheer trousers are one of the few problematic spring trends with plenty of room for a wardrobe malfunction. Wear cautiously.
- White Out: Get thee a little white dress.
- Single-Soled Pumps and Kitten Heels: Stilettos are over. Reconnect with classic ladylike. Enjoy your ability to walk.
- Wedges and platform trainers: Whimsical meets orthopedic.
For more info on designers featured in the photos, visit Holts Muse. Lisa Tant oversees Holt Renfrew’s social media channels including the Holts Muse blog. Check out her full list of spring trends and her spring 2013 accessory report.
Holt Renfrew is located at 737 Dunsmuir Street in the Pacific Centre. For over 165 years, Holt Renfrew has offered its customers glam service and merchandise. Holts carries an impressive roster designer names including Alexander Wang, Tiffany & Co., Tom Ford, Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Prada, Dior, Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs and more.
Want more updates on Vancouver fun? Follow me on Twitter @TJerven