Who doesn’t love free stuff?! We’ve gathered the top five free things to do (with a few extra ideas) to keep you entertained this July! So for this month, enjoy having your wallet as full as your calendar with these fun things to do.
1. Celebrate July 11th at 7-11 with a free Slurpee! Nothing will get you cooled down faster than a free brain freeze. 7-11 will be giving away thousands of free small Slurpees from 11am until 7pm at participating locations only on 07/11/2013.
2. Kick start your weekend! Every Saturday at 10:30am, Grouse Mountain hosts a complimentary 30 minute yoga class taught by YYoga instructors. Stretch in the sunshine after a hike up the Grouse Grind or arrive by Skyride and take some time to relax and breathe in the fresh mountain air. These classes run every weekend until August 24th.
3. If you can’t afford an entry ticket, listening to the music from outside of the Vancouver Folk Festival is just about as good as being inside the gates. It’s even better when you’re browsing through the stalls of the marketplace that’s open to the public, bargaining over colourful hula hoops and leather satchels.
4. Vegetarians and Vegans unite on July 27th for the annual vegan festival that takes place in Downtown Vancouver. This free festival features food vendors (vegan-friendly!), animal protection organizations, local businesses, and more.
5. Discover something you didn’t know about the city — for free! The Vancouver Tour Guys have been getting rave reviews about their informative, fun, and free tours. Whether you’d like to learn a little bit more about Chinatown or the West End, the tour guys host daily walking tours that will help you see Vancouver from a whole new perspective.
- Watch the Gastown Grand Prix from the side lines to see some of the world’s best cyclists loop around Cordova and Water Street on Wednesday, July 10th.
- Check out some of the other great free street parties that are happening around town this month.
Got any other good ideas of free ways to have fun this July in Vancouver? Let us know by commenting below!