On Tuesday, March 25th, the 20th annual Dining Out for Life event will be taking place at over 100 participating Vancouver restaurants in support of people living with HIV/AIDS. Whether you buy breakfast, lunch, or dinner, 25% of the total food sales will be donated to either Friends for Life or A Loving Spoonful.
From Vancouver to White Rock, you can eat, drink and make a difference at any one of the participating restaurants. This one day fundraiser has been incredibly successful in the past 19 years, earning around $3 million dollars to benefit the two Vancouver-based charities. All proceeds directly benefit the programs and services that the two charities provide free-of-charge, including:
- Over 110,000 meals per year delivered to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning
- 60+ support therapies ranging from therapeutic massage to naturopathy, music therapy to yoga
- A weekly hot lunch program for youth affected by HIV/AIDS
- End-of-life care to people in their own homes
If you plan on participating in the event, you also have a chance to win $500 by posting a photo of yourself dining at a participating restaurant on March 25th. Post the photo on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the hashtag #DOFL20 and tag @VanDOFL in the post to enter to win!
A great excuse to dine out on a Tuesday, this year’s Dining Out for Life is looking more special than ever with great restaurants, a contest, and a chance to give back to the Vancouver community.
Dining Out for Life’s 20th Anniversary event happens all day on Tuesday, March 25. Be sure to make a reservation at the participating restaurant you want to dine at, because seats will fill up quickly!