This weekend in Vancouver, don’t be surprised if you see a fully-costumed Iron Man chatting up Zelda, or a Star Wars Storm Trooper fake fighting with Spiderman and Pikachu. It’s just that time of year again, the blossoms are blooming and thousands upon thousands of geeks, nerds, and comic book aficionados will be descending upon the Vancouver Convention Centre for Fan Expo 2014.
It’s a weekend of comic books, cosplay, and celebrities—Vancouver’s very own Comic Con, located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, taking place from April 18-20, 2014 at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
If you have never had the chance to experience Fan Expo Vancouver, it’s definitely an experience not to be missed. The event boasts 3 days of shopping, celebrity meet & greets, Q & A sessions, and lots of photo opportunities with people in amazing costumes. Even if you’re not willing to buy tickets to the event, it’s worth hanging around the Convention Centre to spot some of the people playing dress-up for the day.
Tickets to Fan Expo Vancouver are on sale online until Thursday, April 17th and we strongly advise you to buy them ahead of time, as the lineup to get inside is usually quite long. Tickets for the expo are $20 for Friday, $35 for Saturday, $30 for Sunday, and $69 for all three days.
What can you look forward to? This year, Fan Expo Vancouver is packed with tons of attractions, including:
- Easter themed events: Easter egg rolls with stormtroopers, egg hunts, and a live reading of an easter tale by voice star Christian Potenza… Easter is pretty awesome at the Fan Expo. Plus, kids 12 and under can get in for free with this coupon.
- Rue Morgue Festival of Fear: The country’s largest horror expo. An extravaganza of celebrity guests, autograph signings, Q&A sessions, seminars and workshops, and a colossal selection of movies and movie memorabilia, not to mention books, comic books, toys, video games, trading cards, posters and tons more! (more info)
- Masquerade: If you’ve never been to a masquerade or cosplay, THIS is the one to attend! This exciting event features creative fans showcasing their original costumes derived from the comic, sci-fi, horror, anime and fantasy worlds – all on stage for a chance to win bragging rights. (more info)
- Celebrity autograph & photo sessions: Meet your favourite celebrities up close and personal and get something signed, or grab a professional 8 x 10 photo of you with a star! Participating celebrities include: Tom Felton, Giancarlo Esposito, Billy Boyd, Charisma Carpenter, Bruce Campbell, and many more.
- Retailer Area: Specializing in comics, anime, gaming, science fiction and horror, the Fan Expo Vancouver retailers are bringing the newest and most rare goods on the market today. Find the missing book or DVD in your collection, or get a complete set at prices you’ll never find elsewhere.
Fan Expo Vancouver kicks off this Friday, April 18, 2014 from 4:00-9:00 p.m. and continues through Saturday (10:00-7:00 p.m) and Sunday (10:00-5:00 p.m) at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Will you be dressing up for Fan Expo Vancouver? Let us know what your costume is in the comment section below!