One of the best parts about summer in Vancouver is starting up again on Tuesday, July 8 with the return of Free Outdoor Movies Vancouver 2014! The annual summer tradition of free outdoor movies in Vancouver is returning to the Grand Lawn at Ceperley Meadow near Second Beach in Stanley Park – for nine nights at dusk, every Tuesday from July 8th to September 2nd, 2014.
Grab a picnic blanket and some popcorn, a couple of friends and some pillows, and you’ve got yourself a perfect set up to sprawl out and enjoy the classic movies that are set to play. The movies are all scheduled to begin when the sun goes down, which usually happens around 9pm. Bring an extra blanket, because it gets a little chilly later at night!
This summer’s movie schedule offers family favourites, cult classics, and some anniversary-celebrating gems! This year, the schedule for free outdoor movies in Vancouver for 2014 includes:
- Tuesday, July 8: The Lego Movie (awesome!)
- Tuesday, July 15: Pretty in Pink
- Tuesday, July 22: Footloose, 30th anniversary! (there better be some dancing involved!)
- Tuesday, July 29: Mean Girls (you CAN sit with us!)
- Tuesday, August 5: Dumb & Dumber
- Tuesday, August 12: Ghost
- Tuesday, August 19: Karate Kid, 30th anniversary! (costumes are encouraged)
- Tuesday, August 26: Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom, 30th anniversary! (pet snakes, not allowed)
- Tuesday, September 2: The Princess Bride
New this season, Fresh Air Cinema has created an 80-seat reserved VIP area where guests can lounge out on a front-row Adirondack chair and enjoy a guaranteed seat at any movie night, with partial proceeds from seat sales going to the Vancouver Firefighters Charitable Society. In a partnership with several restaurants in the West End BIA, the festival will also be offering nightly “Dinner & a Movie” packages with a three-course dinner and a reserved seat at the show for one low price. These special seating programs go on sale for all films starting Monday, June 16th at summercinema.ca
You can also keep an eye on the Fresh Air Cinema Facebook page for more events around Vancouver and in the suburbs. This summer, free outdoor movies in Vancouver will also be offered in Yaletown, Richmond, North Vancouver, West Vancouver and more!
Have you been to the free outdoor movies in Vancouver before? Any tips for first-timers? Let us know in the comment section below!