This Wednesday, February 17, Vancouver is celebrating all things pizza with an exciting pizza tasting extravaganza hosted by local food bloggers Vancouver Foodster and Tasting Plates YVR.
The tour will take you through a variety of pizza-based restaurants and include a stop at a pizza themed art show during the event. Sound cheesy enough for you?
The Vancouver Pizza Palooza tour will start at 5:30pm on Wednesday, and will be a self-guided tour that will give you the chance to taste many types of pizza from Neapolitan to Roman to NY style and more!
Tickets to the event cost $55 each and includes tasting plates at each of the participating restaurants throughout the evening. (Beverages are included at some restaurants which will be noted, you are welcome to purchase wine, beer, cocktails or mocktails at each of the participating restaurants).
Pizza Palooza is a great opportunity to connect with Vancouver’s vibrant food community and check out restaurants that you’ve never had the chance to know about.
Participating restaurants include:
- Straight Outta Brooklyn NYC Pizzeria (350 Robson Street), which specialized in thin crust “New York Pizza”
- ZeroZero Pizzeria (415 Abbott Street), which offers authentic Roman style pizza with crust that rests for 72 hours before preparation (that makes it good).
- Ragazzi Pizza (2996 E. 22nd Avenue), which offers hand stretched, stone baked authentic Italian pizza.
- Nonna’s Table (1489 E. Hastings Street), with wood oven fired Neapolitan deliciousness.
- Pizza Garden (3011 Main Street), which also offers wood oven fired neapolitan in a stone fired oven.
The tour begins at Hot Art Wet City, a small gallery on Main Street that is currently showing a “I CHEW CHEW CHEW YOU” pizza-themed art show.
If pizza is your treat of choice, this is the perfect event for you. Learn more about the event and purchase tickets for the cheesiest event of the year now before it sells out!